Information resources and research promoting the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- National Indigenous Research and Knowledge Network (NIRAKN)
- Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS)
- Lowitja Institute
- Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet
Information, resources, research and training on trauma.
- Phoenix Australia Centre for Post traumatic Mental Health
- Australasian Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ASTSS)
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Information, resources and research on family and domestic violence.
- Australian National Research Organisation for Womens Safety (ANROWS)
- Ending Violence Against Women Queensland (EVAWQ)
- Queensland Centre of Domestic and Family Violence (QCDFVR)
Information, resources and research about families, parenting, health, wellbeing and safety of children.
- Raising Children
- Centre on the Developing Child at Harvard University
- Australian Childhood Foundation
- Australian Institute of Family Studies
- Secretariat of National Aboriginal and Islander Child Care (SNAICC)
- Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Child Protection Peak (QATSICPP)
- Queensland Family and Child Commission (QFCC)
- Headspace National Youth Mental Health Foundation
- Early Childhood Australia
Context For information and resources on drugs, alcohol and other substances.
- National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC)
- Australian Drug Information Network
- Alcohol and Drug Foundation
- Narcotics Anonymous Australia
Information and resources supporting family and community carers in and across Australia.
Information and resources promoting the mental health and wellbeing of males and fathers.
Information, research and resources for older persons social and emotional wellbeing.
- National Ageing Research Institute (NARI)
- Australian Association of Gerontology
- Australian Centre for Evidence Based aged care
Organisations that provide health related programs services and research focused on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people (LGBTI) and other sexuality, gender and body diverse people and communities.
Information, resources and research on Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, Gambling, Incarceration, Dementia, and Pain Management.
- National Organisation for Foetal Alcohol Syndrome (NOFASD)
- Dementia Australia
- Australian Gambling Research Centre
- Australian Pain Management Association
- VACRO- Victorian Association for the Care and Resettlement of Offenders
Resources and information promoting the mental health of people from multicultural and linguistic diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
- Mental Health in Multicultural Australia (MHIMA)
- Queensland Program of Assistance to Survivors of Torture and Trauma (QPASTT)
- Transcultural Mental Health Centre
Rural and remote mental health programs and services.
- Rural and Remote Mental Health
- Royal Flying Doctors Service
- North Queensland Primary Health Network
Information on the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community health sector.
- National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO)
- Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council (QIHC)
- Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations (ORIC)
Organisations promoting the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Srait Islander people.
- Reconciliation Australia
- National Congress of Australia’s First Peoples
- Australian Human Rights Commission
Organisations promoting the professional mental health workforce.
- Australian Indigenous Psychologist Association (AIPA)
- Indigenous Allied Health Australia (IAHA)
- Australian Psychologist Society (APS)
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker Association (NATSIHWA)
Information and resources on suicide prevention and keeping people safe
Information on formal mental health and counselling training and qualifications
- Gallang Place
- Australian Counselling Association
- Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA)
- Australian Community Counselling Association (ACCA)
- Queensland Counsellors Association (QCA)
General resources, information and support for mental health and relationship issues
- Beyond Blue
- Clinical Research Unit for Anxiety and Depression (CRUfAD)
- Relationships Australia
- SANE Australia
Latest Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander news and staying connected across the country
Information and resources supporting the mental health and wellbeing of current and past Defence Force serving personnel.
Service and community mental health/social and emotional wellbeing capacity and capability building information, training and resources.
- Head to Health
- Centre for Clinical Interventions
- E-Mental Health Practice (EMPRAC)
- Health Info net
- Mental Health Professionals Network
- Dulwich Centre
- Australian Association for Cognitive and Behaviour Therapy
- Emergency (for fire ambulance, police emergencies) 000
- DV Connect Womens-line (for women experiencing family and domestic violence) 1800 811 811
- DV Connect Mens-line (for men experiencing family and domestic violence) 1800 600 636
- Elder Abuse Helpline (for older people experiencing family and domestic violence) 1300 651 192
- Queensland Sexual Assault Helpline (for those who have experienced a sexual assault) 1800 010 120
- 1800RESPECT (sexual assault, family and domestic violence counselling and informational referral service) 1800 737 732
- Kids Helpline (for children and young people experiencing a crisis) 1800 55 1800
- MensLine Australia (online counselling and forum for men) 1300 789 978
- National Dementia Helpline (for families and people living with dementia) 1800 100 500
- Lifeline Australia (anyone having a personal crisis) 13 11 14
- Suicide Call Back Service (anyone thinking about suicide) 1300 659 467
- Qlife (for LGBTI counselling and support) 1800 184 527
- Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service (counselling and support for veterans and current serving personal and family) 1800 011 046
- Australian Defence Force All Hours Support Line (crisis counselling and support) 1800 628 036
- Defence Family Helpline (crisis counselling and support) 1800 624 608
- Relationships Australia ( for relationship counselling and support) 1300 364 277
- SANE Australia (people living with a mental illness) 1800 187 263
- Alcohol and Drug Foundation (for information and support) 1300 85 85 84
- Family Drug Support Australia (support to families) 1300 368 186
- Alcoholics Anonymous (help with alcohol addiction) 1300 222 222
- Narcotics Anonymous Australia (help with narcotics addiction) 1300 652 820